Nothing drives like a Touareg
Making an instant impression, the Touareg is a 4x4 SUV with unparalleled quality and next generation technology. Flaunting unique innovations like 4-corner Air Suspension, matrix LED headlights and an Innovision Cockpit, getting behind the wheel of a Touareg is truly an experience that enlivens the senses. Crowned the Best Towing & Touring SUV by Chasing Cars 2023.
Elegant from every angle
The Touareg offers a bold statement from whichever angle you look. Not to mention it’s packed full of technology that goes from ‘nice to have’ to ‘can’t live without’ in the space of a single drive.Book a Test Drive
A control centre like no other
The Innovision Cockpit is the digital instrument cluster and infotainment system screen all in one curved glass surface. Operated by touch, gestures or voice it includes everything you need for a safe and comfortable drive, like the 15-inch Discover Premium Satellite Navigation system and 12.3-inch Digital Cockpit with customisable content.
Optional on the 170TDI
A very, very smart dash
With high-resolution 12.3-inch TFT-LCD colour display, the digital cockpit allows you to see only the information you want to see. You can access detailed driving data via the multifunction steering wheel or infotainment system, view the navigation map with targeted zoom and customise the dash to display full-screen overlays of selected information.Optional on 170TDI
Eyes on the road, always
The Head-up Display uses the windscreen as a projection surface to display important information like the speed, messages from the driver assist systems or navigation details. This way, you can keep your eyes on the road ahead.
Optional on 170TDI
Stay connected wherever you are
Bring the familiarity of your phone straight to your infotainment system, thanks to App-Connect 4. Your smartphone integrates seamlessly, allowing you to listen to your favourite music, podcasts, messages you receive, or the latest news and journey information.
Set the mood
When the sky starts to darken, choose from 30 different colours of mood lighting in your Touareg. Nothing gets boring in this luxurious SUV.
Optional on 170TDI
Experience invigorating performance
The Touareg doesn't compromise on performance, and it never turns down a challenge. With an impressive turbocharged engine and 4MOTION all-wheel drive, the Touareg will take you anywhere you want to go - on and off the road.Book a Test Drive
Turbo TDI engine
Power to go, go, go
The Touareg 210TDI features a 3.0L V6 diesel engine that is capable of providing an impressive 210kW of power and 600Nm of torque. If that still doesn’t do it for you, the V8 TDI features a 4.0L V8 diesel engine that produces 310kW of power and maximum torque of 900Nm. This means you can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in under 5 seconds. Now that’s powerful.
Total control on the road
When the rear wheels steer as well as the front wheels, a smaller turning circle can be achieved. This means greater manoeuvrability in tight spaces. The rear wheels also help with stability when you’re travelling faster than 50km/h. There’s no doubt you’ll feel complete confidence on any kind of drive.
Not available on 170 TDI or 210TDI Elegance
Comfort on any terrain
The Touareg's air suspension with adaptive dampening control, maintains a smooth ride regardless of road surface conditions. Once you float on air, there’s no going back.
Not available on 170TDI
Active roll stabilisation system
No more playing system
The Touareg’s front and rear active stabilisers are hydraulic and reduce the lateral tilt when cornering. This helps the car respond sensitively to steering, even at low speeds. This optional system also helps to prevent understeering during more dynamic cornering. All to ensure you and your passengers always have a safer trip.
Not available on 170TDI and 210TDI Elegance
Smarter means safer
On the absolute forefront of safety technology5, the Touareg is full of intuitive features that not only help in case of accidents but predict and prevent mishaps before they even happen.Book a Test Drive
Proactive occupant protection system
The all-around bodyguard
You and your passengers are protected from all sides with the proactive occupant protection system. If the technology detects a possible accident situation, it automatically triggers safety functions including belt-tightening, activating hazard lights and closing all windows.5.
Protecting those around you
The Touareg takes pedestrian monitoring to the next level. It intuitively predicts when a roadside pedestrian might cross your path, warns the driver and, if they do, applies the brakes5.
Traffic Jam Assist
To help you get through traffic easily, Traffic Jam Assist uses proven functions like Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Lane Assist to allow easy, slow driving in traffic jams. Your vehicle will follow the vehicle in front at a speed of 0 to 60km/h and automatically operate the accelerator and brakes to help you avoid typical traffic jam collisions 5.
Front Cross Traffic Assist
Enter traffic effortlessly
Front Cross Traffic Assist5 is invaluable for blind exits and junctions. It uses the same radar technology in the Adaptive Cruise Control5 system to monitor the area in front of your car and detect vehicles or pedestrians approaching from the side. The system issues optical and acoustic warnings of any cross traffic detected at speeds of up to 30km/h and can implement an emergency stop to help avoid a collision or reduce the severity of it.
There when you need it
When using Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Assist with Adaptive Lane Guidance, Emergency Assist becomes active when the vehicle detects no steering activity on the part of the driver. The system then initiates a series of attempts to alert the driver before performing a safe emergency stop in the lane 5.
Choose a vehicle
Features of 170TDI
- Discover Pro 9.2" navigation system with gesture control
- Lane Assist, lane departure warning system
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Park Assist, parking bay and parallel parking assistance
- Vienna leather appointed seat upholstery
Features of 210TDI Elegance
- Discover Premium 15" satellite navigation system with gesture control
- Digital Cockpit Pro
- Varenna leather appointed seat upholstery
- Ventilated, heated and electric front seats with massage, easy entry and memory
- Alloy wheels (Montero) 20"
Features of 210TDI R-Line
- Air suspension with electronic damping control and four wheel steering
- Electromechanical Active Roll Stabilisation
- R-Line Varenna leather appointed upholstery
- R-Line multi-function steering wheel, heated, shifting paddles and touch buttons
- Alloy wheels (Nevada) 20"
Volkswagen Terms & Conditions +
- Manufacturer’s recommended campaign driveaway price for new MY22 Touareg 170TDI vehicles in white purchased from 01/07/2022 and delivered by 31/12/2022. Private buyers only. Excludes other offers. Options and metallic paint may be available for an additional cost. While stocks last. Volkswagen Group Australia reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers. Free 5 Year Care Plan is available at no additional cost on new MY22 Touareg vehicles purchased from 01/07/2022 and delivered by 31/12/2022. Private buyers only. Excludes other offers. While stocks last. Free 5 Year Care Plan covers standard items as contained in the first five scheduled service intervals only. The service intervals occur every 15,000 KM/12 months (whichever occurs first). The timeframe takes effect from when the vehicle is first reported in our system as 'sold'. For details of what is not included in a scheduled service, please refer to the program terms and conditions.
- 3. Fuel consumption figures according to ADR 81/02 derived from laboratory testing. Factors including but not limited to driving style, road and traffic conditions, environmental influences, vehicle condition and accessories fitted, will in practice in the real world lead to figures which generally differ from those advertised. Advertised figures are meant for comparison amongst vehicles only.
- 4. With rear seat in the forward position.
- 5. Wireless App-Connect featuring wireless Apple CarPlay® & wireless Android Auto™ is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service required, optional connection cable (sold separately).
- 6. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
- 7. Head-Up Display and customisable ambient lighting features are available with optional Innovision Package, at extra cost.
- 8. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
- 9. The Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder App (UTR App) is only for use in combination with the Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR/Dashcam) of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. Its capabilities include live viewing, data management, a car finder function and being able to adjust the recorder’s settings. All functions of the Volkswagen UTR app require an active data service between the Universal Traffic Recorder and your smartphone. Configurations vary by model (Front only or Front/Rear camera). Consult your local Volkswagen Dealer for further information.
- 10. Towing capacities are applicable to Volkswagen Genuine Accessory Tow Bar. Towing capacity figures are maximum figures and actual towing capacity depends on factors including the laden mass of the vehicle, driving conditions and fitment of any accessories. Volkswagen Group Australia does not endorse or will not be held liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use or fitment of electronic trailer brakes.